As of today Monday November 16, Waterdown/Flamborough/Hamilton is entering RED Control Zone restrictions. The Province announced over the weekend several other regions in Ontario now also in the Red Zone of the Province’s new COVID-19 colour code framework. This is devastating news to our communities, especially to our businesses. Please shop local, ordering on-line if possible, consider ordering take out twice a week if you are able, please, please support our local businesses – more than ever they need you.
While COVID fatigue is weighing heavy on everyone, the new restrictions are especially devastating for all of you who have invested in and worked so hard to safely manage re-opening.
The Red “Control” category ( https://bit.ly/38P6rkK ) means broader-scale measures and restrictions across multiple sectors for the next 28 days. Schools remain open maintaining the health system, and avoids broader lockdowns. Changes and resources for Flamborough workplaces, businesses and local public places can be found at www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/workplaces-and-public-places
I can’t stress enough how important it is now to continue to be diligent – protecting you, protects others – this is up to all of us.
• Restrict close contacts to your household members only and essential supports.
• Limit all in-person activities outside of the home to essential activities only, this includes work, school, outdoor exercise, access to healthcare, gasoline, etc.
• Restrict all social gatherings to only immediate household members. DO NOT attend any public gatherings, parties, weddings, events of any kind.
• Wear a mask or face covering when around others from another household, out in public places, or outdoors when unable to stay physically distant.
• Wash your hands frequently, sanitize phones, devises, desktops, keyboards etc.
• If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or are not feeling well, stay isolated at home and get tested for COVID-19.
If you are experiencing symptoms and wondering if you should visit a COVID-19 Assessment Centre, you will need to contact your doctor, Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) or Hamilton Public Health (905-974-9848) to get the required referral before leaving the house. You can also complete a self assessment online at Ontario.ca/coronavirus.
Hamilton Public Health Services’ COVID-19 Hotline: 905-974-9848 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need anything, please send me an email at Judi.Partridge@hamilton.ca. Christine, Veronica and I are here to help you as best we can. Regular updates are available on my website judipartridge.ca and at Hamilton.ca/coronavirus
With Best and Kind Regards,
Councillor Judi Partridge