As the national voice for local governments across Canada, National Federation of all Municipalities (FCM) across Canada has publicly called on the federal government to commit to emergency municipal operating funding—to keep essential services running strong, and to keep Canadians safe and supported. Councillor Partridge sits on the Board of Directors as the Hamilton representative and member of Ontario Caucus.
This action will protect essential services being delivered by local municipalities, including:
- Local police, ambulance and fire services
- Maintenance of roads, bridges and other essential infrastructure
- Safe public transit for essential workers
- Clean water and wastewater services
- Garbage collection and recycling
- Local social services and housing for vulnerable residents
- Local public health agencies
- Sustainability and environmental initiatives
To learn more, please click here.