This week, the province made an announcement about extending the Stay at Home Orders and gradually returning public health units back to the COVID-19 Response colour Framework, with a few changes outlined below.
Our Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) team will be reviewing what this announcement mean for Flamborough / Hamilton municipally over the coming days. We will not see any changes to our operations until at least February 16, 2021. Highlights from the announcement:
- The province has made some changes to the Framework, particularly as it relates to retail shopping in the Grey – Lockdown category. In-person retail shopping was previously not permitted under the Grey category, however moving forward it will be permitted with additional capacity restrictions (25% in most retail settings).
- Flamborough / Hamilton will remain under the current Stay at Home order until at least Tuesday, February 16, 2021
- We expect to return to the COVID-19 Response Framework on Tuesday, February 16, 2021, though at this time we don’t know what colour we will return to.
- Another change to the Framework includes the requirement for individuals to wear a face covering when attending an organized public event or gathering (where permitted) if they are within two metres distance of another individual who is not part of their household (both indoor and outdoor).
- Some public health units in Ontario will be moving back into the coloured Framework beginning this week, but most are scheduled to move back alongside Hamilton on Tuesday, February 16. Toronto, Peel and York will continue under the Stay at Home order until at least Monday, February 22, 2021.
- Residents should continue to stay at home, avoid social gatherings, minimize travel between areas with different rules, and limit close contacts to their household.
- As well, employers in all industries should continue to make every effort to allow employees to work from home.
I appreciate everyone’s efforts to keep each other safe. Protecting you, protects others – this is up to all of us.