by Mac Christie Flamborough Review
Construction on Burke Street, which forms part of the Waterdown north-south bypass route, and will connect to Mountain Brow Road, is slated to be complete in 2020. – Mac Christie/Torstar
Burke Street is being extended to connect Dundas Street to Mountain Brow Road and Waterdown Road, as part of the Waterdown north-south bypass.
JUST THE FACTS
• Burke Street is currently under construction and Mountain Brow Road has been closed to through traffic at King Road.
• Once complete, traffic will flow directly from Burke Street to Mountain Brow Road, which will then connect to Waterdown Road and Highway 403.
• City of Hamilton waterfront development manager Gavin Norman said the work is slated to be complete in 2020. Ward 15 Coun. Judi Partridge said cited September as the completion date.
• Norman said there is still property to acquire to widen Mountain Brow Road.
• The city has contributed $70 million to the bypass project, which includes the east-west bypass and some of the upgrades to Parkside Drive (completed in 2019).